FLY MONSTERS GUIDE

FLY MONSTERS GUIDE

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: WHAT YOU DONT KNOW ABOUT EMILY B…Way more than just Fabolous’ baby mama!!


It’s no secret especially as of late that I’m the wife of a somewhat celebrity….and in hip hop that comes with an almost guaranteed  amount of drama.  Needless to say shows like Love & Hip-Hop give a first hand look at why! At MommysDirtyLittleSecret.com one of our most popular post is Sad or Stupid: Fabolous’ Girlfriend Kept a Secret for Eight Years, so I decided to chit chat with Emily Busamante personally and ….ask WHY? Like me, you’ll be surprised at her honesty–and she’s more than just a baby’s mama…..read and learn.
-Monica Taylor
Tune in TONIGHT to the Season Finale on VH1 8pm EST!

While heading to a style meeting for a new artist at Def Jam, Emily Bustamante of VH1′s Love & Hip-Hop took some time to share a few secrets with us! There is definitely more to Emily than what meets the eye. Besides being the once hush-hush girlfriend of rapper Fabolous, she is a full-time mom, accomplished stylist and head designer of her new clothing line hitting stores in 2012 “Emily B.”
EMILY B. THE STYLIST
Whether you love Emily or not, this spicy Dominican and Puerto Rican latina, has us all wanting to know more. Most of us thought she started styling when she met Fab, but little did we know her skills have been developing for years. Moving to Norfolk, Virginia when she was seven, she quickly found her passion for fashion. I was surprised to learn that she went to school for fashion and knows how to sketch and sew. First wanting to become a fashion designer was her aspiration, but she later decided that she had a natural ability to style others. Emily took on her first celebrity client Famlay almost 10 years ago. Now Emily B.’s client list is long with stars like Red Café, Fabolous, former NY Jet and Arizona Cardinals football player Kerry Rhodes, NY Jet Darrelle Revis and 106 & Park host Terrance J. Being requested by labels and artists, Emily is now focusing on getting back to her first love of becoming a designer. Her new clothing line self-titled Emily B. will be affordable, elegant and chic.

LOVE AND HIP-HOP
Emily is just one of the five women whose lives we get to take a sneak-peek into. Emily explains how the cast came about. “We werent friends before the show, they just created a storyline involving all of us. The only one I knew and had a bond with prior to filming was Chrissy. I just met Somaya and Olivia for the first time on set.” During an episode we see Emily question her client Derrell Revis on his relationship with Oliva, and Olivia questions Emily on her relationship with Fabolous bringing Emily to tears. “I didn’t really know Olivia and didnt know if we could trust each other – I mean we just met!” The producers also commonly used Emily to connect Somaya to the rest of the girls since she seemed to be the wildcard of the bunch.

GETTING MORE PERSONAL
Tons of women worldwide have been quick to judge Emily B., the girlfriend of successful rapper Fabolous. We have seen some of her weakest moments unfold right before our eyes. While some women dream of being the girlfriend or wife of a celebrity, Emily makes you realize it ain’t what its cracked up to be. Emily still doesn’t understand why so many women show hatred towards her.
“Women were upset and tore me down, but I wasnt bragging. My situation is nothing to brag about. Nothing positive was said. I didn’t really get it.”
There is definitely NO shortage of women being super judgemental of Emily.  Anytime we post about Emily on MDLS, we get tons of comments tearing her down.
Kara says: This is the dumbest shit I have ever heard. 8 years!!!!! In the dark!!!!! Money or not it is time to go!!! And you can’t be serious – on the show she said she never saw him with a chick on his hip!!! Do you not have access to the internet???? But this Crystal chick who posted this dumb ass comment – must want nothing out of life and is just a settler. Don’t settle for shit – Em you got your own shit goin’ for you. You got his son and have to deal with him for life in that aspect – but never once has he ever mentioned you to anyone – time to go!
YIKES! People have no mercy with the things they say behind their computer screen. Maybe women get so upset with her because we see a lot of ourselfs in her.
“We taped over many months and I thought I had only gotten emotional two or three times, but watching the finished episodes, I couldn’t believe what I saw. What I was saying to millions of people, I had never really said out loud before. Seeing myself on the show definitely helped me make changes in my life.”
LIVING IN THE SHADOWS
When asked about her publically-secretive relationship with Fabolous she explains, “Being a playa is his brand. I always thought it’ll be selfish for me to want to be in the limelight. I was just supportive and let him do his thing. I was living in shadows for a long time, playing the background – and I was okay with that because I knew behind closed doors what it really was.”
“If I could go back and change anything – I’d set limits and boundaries and let it be known what I wanted from the beginning.”

ARE  YOU HAPPY OR REGRETFUL YOU JOINED THE CAST ?
Emily stays strong and holds no regrets. “I faced issues I didn’t know I had and yes I’m saddened by everyone viewing me in such a negative light. Women can be hard on each other, but I’ve grown from it and don’t regret doing it.”
“I took on the reality show to brand myself and step out of just being Fab’s baby mother. I’m always a mom first but with Season 2 being negotiated, I want this season to show me as Emily the Stylist, not Emily the Crybaby”, she laughs. “We started filming [Season 1] a year ago. I was in a bad space. I am much better now.”
When women tore her down, it helped her build herself back up.  She says,”They were right about me, I was weak. Watching the show forced me to get stronger.” The one person Emily always goes to for strength is her dad. “My dad is my best friend… I can tell him anything – he has my back and gives me the best advice.”


EVERYDAY SITUATIONS

Ladies, we have all had the one guy who has treated us questionably, and never gives us everything we think to expect from a relationship. But for some reason we stick around and sometimes even lower our standards for the sake of love.

“I don’t know why girls get so upset with me. All girls go through my situation but they just aren’t on camera. I watch reality shows too and I’ll look at a situation and say ‘Girl, just leave him!’, but it’s easier said than done.”

IS FAB GOING TO BE ON THE SHOW?

The rapper we see the most on Love & Hip-Hop is Jim Jones. We’ve all watched week to week to see if maybe Fab will show up on an episode, but so far we’ve had no luck. “Fab of course had reservations when I told him about the show, he knew they just wanted drama. Then once we started filming I’d go home and tell him the drama and he’d basically say ‘I told u so.’” Emily of course wanted him to get on the show since he is the father of her son Johan and knew their family would be apart of the show. “He said to me, ‘I’m a rapper not a reality star’. He didn’t think it would help his career to be on the show.”

BEHIND CLOSED DOORS…

With any relationship, only the two people involved really know what’s up. Outsiders can guess and speculate, but at the end of the day, we are just that – outsiders. Emily explains to us some of her unknown most special moments with Fab. “He is a workaholic…3 or 4 shows a week, albums, remixes, mixtapes….his downtime when he’s home are the best moments. When he’s just John & he’s himself. He doesn’t have to worry about an image or putting on a front for anyone. He always said to me ‘My whole life is in public and my family isn’t – it’s my safe haven.’ But now that I’m on the show that might have changed I don’t know’”, she laughs.

“Right now the cutest thing is when my guys are home just playing on the floor. Right now Fab is Ironman and Johan is spiderman”, you can hear the smile in her voice as she speaks.

HER FUTURE WITH FAB

Emily lets us know that we MUST watch the Love & Hip-Hop Season Finale on Vh1 this Monday to find out more of what happens between her and Fab. “Season 2 will show me in a different space than I was in coming into Season 1.” Telling us where she sees herself in 5 years, we can already see the growth she’s encountered.

“In 5 years I will be sending my daughter to college and I see myself as an established [fashion] designer. I’m focusing on my children, my career, and putting Emily first! Not a man!“

Well said Emily, well said. A few women can learn a thing or two from her situation. Sometimes it’s not easy to walk away from someone you love or something that is so comfortable, but you have to always make that decision for you, never for the sake of anyone else. Put yourself first and everything else will fall into place.

Want to know what’s next for Em & Fab?? Things have changed!

So tune in TONIGHT to the Season Finale on VH1 8pm EST!

No comments:

Post a Comment